Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Prototype case


Well, it took some time, but here is the first revision of my case, actually it's the top half.
I don't have that many modules yet to be building a base under this one, so that the total unit will look like a VCS 3 case, as reported a while back.
I build it with MDF, to get some practice and get an idea on how large the unit would be, and where any problems could be.
Some dimensions, it fits a 19" rail, outer dimensions are, 54.4cm wide, 46 cm tall, 36.5cm deep (at bottom) and 20 cm deep at the top. The front is angled at 20 degrees, which is a nice slope.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 310 and an Encore UEG would fill that 3U space nicely I think.

7:59 AM  
Blogger T J said...

True, but I have a MOTM 300 VCO, a 510 Wavewarper, and a 910 multiple on back order, more modules than I have space for at present.

Solution will initially be to move the power supply (3U) to the rear of the cabinet, which then still leaves me with a 1U space... hmmm what to put in there...
Encore perhaps, or something else MOTM...

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home