Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Stooge panels.

The MOTM community soon is going the get more interesting. Pretty soon, the for insiders well known Stooge panels will be available again. for those of you who do not know what I am talking about, here is a little (and incomplete) history in a nutshell (or webpage)... Stooge panels are custom made front panels for either DIY modules, or modified MOTM modules, in , yes MOTM format. They were made to order in the past by Larry Hendry, later joined by his friend David Bradley, who joined by Paul Haneberg set up Stooge industries, and made much more than custom panels (named after the 3 Stooges, which Larry and co, referred themselves after and hence the name Stooge was used as a prefix for a lot of their products and antics ). As you know Stooge industries recently folded, due to Larry's death last year, followed by Paul's illness, and it was impossible for Dave to continue this on his own. Now however, new hope. Dough Wellington, another MOTM enthusiast, has made an agreement with Dave to take over the panel business. Here is his story.


I'm really happy to announce that Dave Bradley and I have madearrangements for me to take over the stooge panel business!

I've already received the electronic versions of the artwork, and I'm hoping to make arrangements to get the silkscreens here in the next few weeks. I have painting facilities here in Tucson, so I'll be able to do all painting and silkscreening in house, meaning that I can produce panels on an as-needed basis instead of having to wait for batches. I'm hoping to start producing panels in January 2007...

I'll be posting more information to the Stooge Panels web site over the upcoming long weekend. If you have any questions, let me know. Big thanks go to Dave for all of his help, and thanks to Paul Schreiber for everything!

Happy holidays,
Doug

Please see Stooge Panels for more information. A Link is now also added to the sidebar on the right.

I am glad to see this development, and it means that eventhough MOTM kits by Synth Tech will not be available anymore soon, there are now more options to do some DIY building again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home