Friday, February 20, 2009

Oakley VCO arrived and installed


My 3rd VCO has arrived and is installed in my modular. It required a short calibration session to get the 1V/Oct response completely right, or at least completely matching with my MOTM VCO's, which took approx. 20 minutes to do properly.

First impression is that I can hardly detect a difference in sound between the MOTM and the Oakley in raw wave forms, with the exception of the pulse out, which sounds a bit more hollow on the Oakley, and I detected a small tick in the saw wave of the oakley, but I think that with a little extra calibration, this can be completely corrected, besides it is not disturbing at all.

Okay, I guess I'll be experimenting with it a little, and will post some comparisson recordings in time, in addition to those already available in the previous post, courtesy of Jason Proctor.

T J

1 Comments:

Blogger synthtopia said...

I think you'll be happy with the Oakley VCO - it's a very stable oscillator for the price. I haven't needed to recalibrate mine since I built it.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home