Monday, January 07, 2008

Beads and craftshops



Jeff Laity send me the following tip to share with you.

I was shopping for hardware for my MOTM, and was amazed at what they were charging for .25" spacers. Nylon spacers were $0.25 a piece at my local hardware store, and aluminum spacers were more than double that. I shopped around a bit more until I had the idea to check a craft store. I found a solution that was the right size, very cheap, and a lot of fun all at the same time. I might have to add secret messages behind my synth boards from now on. :)

Thanks Jeff for sharing.

T J

2 Comments:

Blogger synthetic said...

Paul gave this the thumbs down, he thinks it puts too much strain on the jacks. I don't see why, unless they're not the .24" they say they are, or that extra .01" makes all the difference...

3:26 AM  
Blogger T J said...

That's the whole point indeed, if they're too small then that may cause strain on jacks and pots etc, but if they are the same size, or larger (which can be sanded down to the right height) then there should'nt be a problem at all.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home