Friday, December 29, 2006

Firmware and computers....

until now I had my MOTM 650 midi cv interface running on firmware version 1.1. Since then a few updates have appeared resolving several bugs. I was not able to update my interface as I do not have a Windows based computer. (sorry, did not mean to use rude words on this site....)
However my new employer supplied a laptop running the former mentioned OS (which I will not mention again as I do not want to be rude), I hate that thing, so unproductive, but the good thing was that I could download the firmware updater and the actual firmware from synth tech, and update my interface. Of course first I had to find the drivers for my USB midi interface, which of course was not standard supplied in the OS, and even when downloaded, did not work right away, but after 4 install attempts it did, after which the rest was a doodle, and now I run firmware 1.3 on my interface.
I just hope that Synthtech will offer a Mac OS X version of the updater soon, as I am fed up with all these driver conflict nonsense in the other OS which I will not mention again, sorry to say, the Mac ain't perfect, but it's a whole lot more stable, and 99,5% percent of the time " Just Works", as advertised...
I like synths more than computers, so will not write about them unless relevant, like here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home