Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Recording your synth


It is about time, but I finally invested in a decent audio interface to record my hardware synths with.
Until now, I've always recorded via a Soundcraft Spirit mixer, straight into the line in of my Mac. Even though the resulted quality isn't bad at all, I feel it could be improved, especially in recordings that are more complex. So after reading many reviews online etc, I've decided to go for a Focusrite Saffire. I wanted something portable as I do travel a lot. The Saffire has build in DSP's for some of the fx processors it ships with, and has sufficient inputs and outputs for my needs.
I'll let you know of my first experiences once I have made some recordings, I may even re-record some of my older stuff for an A-B comparison if I have the time, but we'll see.

I wondered if any of you readers have the same unit, and what do you think of it? I'd like to hear how you record your MOTM or other synth :-)

T J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home