Tuesday, July 15, 2008

soldering

finally managed to work on one of the kits I still had not finished.
I continued with the vco module (my second) and now have all resistors, capacitors and some of the IC's placed.

I was once again reminded of the fact that good lighting is essential. I made a few mistakes while placing the resistors , forcing me to desolder some of them again and put them in the right places.
Anyway,all worked out fine but I thought I'd share it. So the moral of the story, make sure you have a well lit work area when soldering .

T J

2 Comments:

Blogger synthetic said...

I recommend measuring each resistor with an ohmmeter before inserting it in the board.

12:24 AM  
Blogger T J said...

I did just that but for some reason I had mixed them anyway.perhaps double checking right before inserting them should avoid that.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home