Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The new case



My new case is starting to take shape: It's a much simplified design. Just a straight 3 tier 19" wide wooden case.
I've put the case together, using some furniture bolts I had left over from an old 'flat pack' desk kit. It makes the case very rigid, even before the modules are fitted. I am going to mount the modules "in" the case by using wood strips and black wood screws, but I've temporarily fitted the 19" rack rails to the front of the cabinet to make sure everything will fit and I didn't make any measurement mistakes. As you can see from the pictures, it all fits fine. For those of you who haven't seen an MOTM up close, one picture has my head inside the case, to give you a sense of the size of the modules, not a bad looking guy, but the modular is sexier :-)

T J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home